Capital Planning & Construction
Turnagain Elementary School Renewal & Construction
Turnagain Elementary School is located on a 9-acre site. The school was originally built with 12 classrooms and a multipurpose space in 1956. Since then, the facility has had various additions and renovation. The current facility has 24-classrooms (54,000 square feet) and four relocatables to serve the student population.
In April 2014, voters approved bond funding in the amount of $1.475M for planning and design. With this funding, the school district hired Nvision Architecture to develop a Project Analysis Report (PAR) that provided details and options for a comprehensive renewal project. Based on the school board approved PAR option, voters approved $15.05M bond funding in April 2015 to complete the design and construction of Turnagain Elementary School Renewal project.
The Turnagain renewal project includes:
- Relocating the administrative offices to improve security
- Improve site circulation and parking lots
- Improve the playground
- Replace old and worn exterior doors and windows
- Reroof the Gym, MPR and the kitchen
- Improve thermal performance of the exterior walls
- Relocate computer lab near the library
- Renovate the library
- Renew or replace mechanical, electrical and system controls
- Include abatement of hazardous materials throughout the building
Construction is underway and is scheduled to be completed by August 2017.