Curriculum & Instruction
Location: 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504
- Oversee K-12 curriculum review, design, articulation, and implementation Lead curriculum review and adoption processes
- Support effective use of curricular materials aligned to adopted standards and research-based practices
- Provide professional development for teachers by specific content area
- Develop, review, revise, and support implementation of academic plans and coursework
- Collaborate closely with other ASD departments and local, state, and national entities to meet district goals by serving on work teams, advisory boards, and committees
- Support all school-based staff with curriculum and instruction issues.
- Develop and provide professional development related to curriculum, instruction, and assessment through credit courses, on site trainings, in-services, webinars, and one on one connections.
- Research to stay up to date, innovate, and prepare for other duties.
- Organize, coordinate, and support community events in all content areas such as musical performances, art shows, National History Day, jamborees, Math Derby, Young Writers’ Conference, and World Language Declamation, to name a few
- Support and collaborate with district-level School Business Partnerships
Email: Martina Henke
Phone: (907) 742-4400
The Curriculum and Instruction Department is part of the Academic Services Division and is responsible for overseeing the District’s curriculum and programming in the following content areas: English Language Arts, Fine Arts, Gifted Education, Health/Physical Education, Libraries, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and World Languages. We partner with other instructional support and operations departments to support students, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community.