Curriculum & Instruction
Curriculum & Instruction Committees
ASD invites staff, parents and community members to participate in the important work done by curriculum committees.
Curriculum committees meet at least quarterly and may be composed of parents, business and community representatives, students and professional staff. School board policy 336.21 provides information about the roles and responsibilities of the committees, including the following:
- Develop recommendations for content and performance standards for respective areas.
- Develop recommendations for curriculum frameworks and new/amended course proposals, to include a syllabus aligned with applicable standards.
- Develop recommendations for the adoption of instructional materials, including textbooks or digital resources, to support the adopted content and performance standards.
- Assist central administration staff in review, evaluation and recommendations for changes in curriculum implementation and design.
- Develop recommendations to address training needs in curriculum areas.