Work for ASD
The Human Resource Department serves as an integral partner in carrying out the district’s mission by providing the district with a qualified, diverse and effective workforce operating within safe work and learning environments.
The Human Resources Department takes a leadership role in supporting the district’s strategic plan. Our employees are a valuable resource and provide their best contributions towards educating all students for success in life, by:
- Ensuring the Human Resources Department staff has the tools, training and motivation to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining a qualified and diverse workforce.
- Providing a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating sound HR policies and practices that treat employees with dignity and respect while ensuring compliance with district policies, applicable state and federal laws and contractual agreements.
- Maintaining work and learning environments that are safe, respectful, healthy and secure.
Benefits for eligible employees may include medical insurance, vision, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, life insurance, leave and retirement.
Contract Administration oversees the negotiated agreements between the bargaining units of represented employees and the Anchorage School District.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Office monitors compliance with nondiscrimination laws, designs training and conducts impartial investigations as needed.
Find information about both classified and certificated positions available in the Anchorage School District and instructions on how to apply for each type.
Employees should be familiar with the code of ethics and how it affects them. They will uphold the highest standards of ethical behavior and maintain the public's trust.
School board policy provides direction on how the Human Resources Department manages personnel, programs and records.
The Anchorage School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.