Social Services and resources

The Migrant Education Program can provide assistance and/or make referrals to local community agencies for migrant families. Services include:

  • School advocacy (assistance contacting ASD departments, administrators, counselors and teachers)
  • School attendance
  • Transition assistance (elementary to middle school)
  • Housing
  • Food
  • Clothing
  • Transportation
  • Child care
  • School supplies
  • Health concerns
  • Grief counseling
  • Employment/job training
  • Legal issues


Community resources


Alaska 2-1-1 is a free, confidential, health and human services information and referral system.


Alaska Department of Public Assistance provides Adult Public Assistance, Child Care, Medical Assistance, Denali Kid Care, Family, Nutrition, Food Stamps, General Relief Assistance, Heating Assistance, Medicaid, Senior Benefits, Temporary Assistance.


Cook Inlet Tribal Council (CITC) provides social, educational and employment services to Alaska Natives and Native Americans living in the Cook Inlet region.


Food Bank of Alaska distributes donated food to hungry Alaskans


Head Start offers child development programs through Kids’ Corps


thread is a Child Care Resource and Referral agency


Anchorage School District website accessibility and nondiscrimination notice. The Anchorage School District is an equal opportunity provider.