District to Review Materials for Middle School Science
November 21, 2016
The Anchorage School District is in the process of reviewing new materials for middle school science. The last middle school materials science adoption was in 1998. New materials will incorporate updated scientific knowledge and classroom instructional resources for teachers and students.
The review will allow the District to find instructional materials that best meet the learning needs of students.
The public is encouraged to take part in the review process and provide input during the open house opportunities at the ASD Education Center, 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. Initial review and scoring of all materials will take place from 3:30-6:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday, Nov. 28, Orange conference room
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, Orange conference room
- Tuesday, Dec. 6, Learning Lab conference room
Review and scoring of finalists with vendor presentations (if available) will be on the following dates:
- Friday, Jan. 27, Orange conference room from 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 28, Orange conference room from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The materials selected by the District will be used beginning next school year.