Risk Management & Insurance
Loss control priorities
The Anchorage School District is self insured so controlling losses and recovery of damages are critical in order to preserve the funding necessary for the district to meet its primary goal of educating Anchorage’s youth.
The school board has detailed the following priorities for loss control:
- Review risks to the district.
- Eliminate or reduce risk whenever possible.
- Self-insure, to a reasonable extent, accidental losses.
- Obtain additional insurance coverage, if necessary.
- Assist the superintendent's office in the resolution of claims and lawsuits.