The new STEM kits are being piloted during the 2016-2017 school year. The goal of the kits is to ensure all students have foundational 21st century STEM knowledge and skills. This will allow all students to take advantage of STEM community enrichment programs and be ready for secondary STEM courses so that all students are prepared for college or career STEM opportunities by graduation.
The STEM kits will include:
- semester-based integration with ELA, math, technology and cultural standards
- a focus on the process of scientific inquiry or engineering design
- tools to help teachers evaluate and monitor student growth
- aligned to current national and state standards
- identified School Business Partners
- a professional development plan for teachers