Answers to frequently asked questions
- How many days do I need to work to remain active for the next school year as a sub?
- It is the expectation of the District that the Substitute will work a minimum of one day a month.
- Can I have two letters of references instead of two online confidential references?
- The online application requires two confidential references. We will, however, accept one reference letter (signed) along with the confidential reference within the application.
- What if I end my duties prior to the end of my scheduled workday?
- You are required to work the hours posted on the job you accepted, if you need to leave early seek approval from the front office prior to leaving.
- I forgot how to log into Aesop or unable to login.
- Username - lastname_firstname Password - same as your ASD email. If unable to login with the correct credentials, please contact our ASD IT Helpdesk at 742-4615.
- I am unable to accept jobs by phone or my phone won’t stop ringing.
- To change your personal account to accept or deny phone calls with Aesop please click on the Preference tab, then click Call Times to make the necessary adjustments.
- How do I view jobs online in Aesop?
- Once logged into Aesop, the lower half of the home screen, Available Jobs, will show jobs available to accept.
- Am I able to work two half day jobs as a teacher substitute?
- Yes, but please ensure the morning school is aware and approves an early dismissal time to ensure attendance at the afternoon school. If the morning school is unable to accommodate early dismissal, contact the afternoon school to let them know you are on your way. Be familiar with locations of schools and only accept two half day jobs when they are close in proximity.
- When will I get my paycheck check?
- Substitutes are paid biweekly, every other Friday. A pay schedule sheet was provided with your new hire paperwork. If there are additional questions concerning your paycheck please contact our Payroll team at 742-4103.
- Is training offered for new hire teacher substitutes?
- Our Professional Learning Department offers monthly training for new teacher substitutes. For additional information, please contact our PLD team at 742-3844.
- If the job I am reviewing doesn’t have the subject taught available, what can I do?
- You can check the school website to see what subject the teacher is teaching or contact the school.
- Am I required to have special training to work with our special education students?
- Additional training is not required.
- My job was cancelled at the last minute, what happened?
- A job already accepted may need to be cancelled at the last minute by the school or employee. Please be mindful to check your accepted jobs in the morning prior to leaving for work along with your ASD email.
- Do I get paid for mileage?
- No, substitutes are not reimbursed for mileage.